Ghosts of Chairs Past

I have been collecting my chairs-of-the-moment for a while now, and have finally decided it's time to reveal them to you, my dear readers. Here is a run down of my favorite modern chairs.

Vitra - Soft Shell chair.jpg

Vitra Softshell chair

When I was talking about character, I didn't particularly mean this chair. I know it doesn't look like much, but I think this is the most comfortable Vitra chair I have ever sat on. I guess that's not really saying much, but it is so hard to find modern chairs that are comfortable, too. I just remembered this chair again also because I have been on the lookout for a desk chair to replace the pouf that I'm currently sitting on. The Softshell chair comes in 28 different colors and 3 different fabrics.


domino mag home office chair.jpg

Unknown Office chair
Who knows what chair this is?? I really like it. It looks like something that would be carried by Vitra, but it's not. It's an image out of the now Domino magazine.


Prouve Standard Chair.jpg

Vitra Standard chair

I was in love with this chair a year ago. I saw it in quite a range of settings in magazines, from bauhaus and mid-century modern homes to the pages of Martha Stewart. In all colors too. It's proven to be a very versatile chair in terms of aesthetic pairings. Comfort, on the other hand, is another thing. I have never sat on this chair, but there's not much to say about it. I choose it more for aesthetics and character than comfort.


Next up: My more conservative, but timeless chair picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment