Erik Spiekermann's House

I know I've gotten over my whole über modern everything, but Erik Spiekermann's house in East Berlin has a couple warm, playful, witty elements that I love. Discovered through swissmiss.

dulkinys-spiekermann-exterior-facade.jpg
i like that yellow building that's bowing out.

dulkinys-spiekermann-bicycle.jpg
I like this wall treatment. Hardened hay? I'm kidding, I forget what this is called. Anyone?

dulkinys-spiekermann-cameras.jpg
Magnet tacks? Laptop accessories on magnets? Won't that magnetize it and destroy their hard drives? And the paneling, that doesn't look like cork, or is it? Maybe the ones from forbo?

dulkinys-spiekermann-detail.jpg
Fabric panels with zippered openings to hide cable clutter.

dulkinys-spiekermann-library-portrait.jpg
Last but not the least, a remote-controlled mountaineer's harness to peruse their two-storey bookshelf! How fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment