Food Connection

IMG_6644.JPG

Something horrific has just happened. I just realized that they no longer make Nestle Crunch Ice Cream Bars!!! I wondered why I hadn't had it in a while, so I went to the supermarket and the only thing I could find similar to it was this thing called EskimoPie!? I suspect that Nestle Crunch Ice Cream bar handed the baton over to EskimoPie, and that they are really one and the same thing. How do I know this? Because on the package, it said, "Pleasing families since 1921" Really? I have NEVER been pleased by an EskimoPie before. It also says, "Artificially flavored vanilla with Nestle Crunch coating". So it's really the same thing, right? When I opened the box, the individual bars were packaged just like the Crunch bars in plain white foil bags. And the taste? Exactly the same.

I'm always baffled when food companies make decisions like these with their products without giving their customers any sort of explanation. I think they underestimate the emotional connection customers have with their products. A simple "Nestle Crunch Ice Cream Bars are now Eskimo Pies!" would've put me at ease. But no, all they leave us with are scattered breadcrumbs, and we're somehow supposed to just figure out what brought about the sudden disappearance of our favorite foods.

The other disturbing thing is that I did a quick google search and NOBODY thought this was out of the ordinary. It's not that no one wrote anything about it. They did. They were just all, "I'm so glad EskimoPies are back!" Whuuut?

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment