Mr. Toastie: Product Development

#alttext#
(slightly burned and puffed-up barley on left, and barley fresh out of the bag on right)

Lately, I've been busy making these little gocco'd microwaveable hot packs. It's something I made primarily for myself because of my frequent tummyaches (due to cold weather, etc.) Previously I would use one from one of those stands at the mall. But it was the wrong shape and size and... was lime green with butterflies and flowers on it. So I decided to make my own. I'm at the stage now where I'm discovering areas for improvement in some of the samples I'd sent out.

1. Rice vs. Barley filling - Barley costs less and was on sale so I got a bunch to test. Turns out, it burns really easily, which you can really smell. I guess it's definitely back to rice.

2. Lemon Peel fail - One of my smells, Lemon Peel, which I thought smelled fresh unheated, didn't give off as strong a smell after heating. It was a bit of a disappointment since two of my closest friends ordered that one. I'll have to find a replacement eventually, but at least I know now that I want something that's as effective-smelling as lavender. Need to test the spearmint next.

Oh I just thought of something... what if I mix in tea leaves like English Breakfast. Or COFFEE! I'm getting carried away, let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment