Best Of: Toiletries

Toothbrush: Oral-B Advantage
Some toothbrushes look really obnoxious. Like it's a space mission to clean your teeth. These look just right, just the right amount of happiness and restraint.
oralb advantage all.jpg

Toothpaste: Crest MultiCare Whitening
I never liked the whitening toothpastes, or maybe I'm just talking about the ones with baking soda that taste like watered down toothpaste that doesn't even bubble. With a sprinkling of salt. This tastes just right, right amount of bubble, and the easy squeeze packaging works very well both functionally and aesthetically. It looks the same from beginning to end.

Crest-MultiCare-Whitening-Toothpaste-Fresh-Mint.png


Face Wash: Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil Control Foaming Cleanser
I don't like scrubs with their little granules or beads because I feel like your fingers just roll them around on top of your skin. Imagine a marble or even a pebble rolling between your hand and your face. Only these are way smaller. I don't think that's called exfoliation. So, out with the scrubs, in with the cleansers. This is the most pleasant and fresh smelling one I've used. I also really feel that this cuts through the oil on my face, but not in an extreme way.

neutrogena cleanser.jpg

Toilet Paper: Charmin Ultra Soft
I just like these because they are super soft and strong.

charmin_megaroll_new.03.jpg


Foundation Sponges: Sonia Kashuk
I've gone through so many drugstore-stocked sponges, but this one from Sonia Kashuk at Target is the best one I've found. I used to have those standard wedge sponges and could've sworn I got them from Target or some supermarket. But one day I ran out and every one I bought was either low quality, stiff, and rough, or covered in what felt like a film that made foundation application feel like you were using a spatula. These are super soft with micro-pores that hold the product and give you the right amount of control over what gets deposited on your skin. The rounded edges are a nice plus, too. I actually have the parallelogram-shaped ones, but couldn't find them online.

foundationsponge.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment