A Trashy Question

#alttext#
This is what's left of the blueberry cheesecake I bought yesterday. I scraped all the cream off and ate the cheesecake. It's now ready to throw away.

Or is it?

What will be the fate of this lone container with leftover cream inside?, I can't help but think.
Will it decompose and go back into the earth? But plastic doesn't decompose. Does that mean the cream will stay in there forever, grow moldy, like a body in a casket six feet underground? Should I then separate the cream from the container? If so, do I just throw it naked, in the trash? The trash can that's lined with a plastic garbage bag? How is that different from the original cake container? And for that matter, how does anything we throw out go back to the earth if we wrap and rewrap all our trash in plastic??
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thought about these things, so if you can relate, please chime in. I want to know what you think!

PS: If I compost, do I just throw the cream on the compost pile? Haha I don't know why, but I think that's a valid question.

No comments:

Post a Comment